Thursday, January 9, 2014

Easy Cream Cheese Squares / Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie

Cheese based coffee cakes are my favorites and this recipe reminds me of a simple, yummy cheese coffee cake that is so simple to make.   My cousin brought this to a party and I could have eaten the entire tray myself (shhh..).       I'm also posting an alternative version below which changes the topping a bit...


Ingredients:
2 -packages of crescent rolls
2 -8oz cream cheese
3/4 C sugar
1 -Tsp vanilla
1 -egg

Preheat oven to 350.
Beat everything together except crescent rolls eggs.
Press 1 can of crescent rolls into the bottom of a 9x13 pan, and spread cream cheese mixture on top. 
Cover with second can of crescent rolls, closing the seams.   
Brush with a beaten egg white.

Bake for 30 minutes.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cool.

--------

For Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie:

Follow the recipe above, then combine the ingredients below and pour over the top prior to baking:

Mix:
1  stick melted butter
3/4 C sugar
1  tsp cinnamon

After it's finished baking, drizzle 1/4 c of honey over warm cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment