Friday, July 11, 2014

Arden's Nursery

Guess what - we had a baby!   I didn't realize how long its been since posting anything - my last entry was the day before my daughter was born.   She will be six months old on Monday.   Time.is.flying.   Everyone said 'the days are long, but the years are short' and I wholeheartedly agree.

When I was planning Arden's nursery, of course I wanted something 'girly' but I didn't want a pink explosion.   I'm a big blue fan and I decided on Benjamin Moore's Crystal Blue.   I love it, it's light and feels like a beautiful calm sky.  Its so pretty with her white furniture.    The accent color I started with was a coral but I was surprised at how difficult it was to find anything in that color.   (this swatch seems a little darker than it is)

My sister Kim was kind enough to make Arden's bed skirt and window valance.   I'm so happy she did, I was obsessed with the 3-tier skirt and they were definitely out of our budget.    We used 3 coordinating fabrics.


Her bookshelf is from IKEA, its perfect for the space and was a great little bargain.    I made the storage bench from an IKEA bench turned on it's side.   My dad cut a piece of wood the size of the top.  I bought high density foam and wrapped that with batting, and then one of the fabrics from the bed skirt.    It is really cute and a great storage space for her little toys.  



I love the firefighter poem I found on Etsy for her daddy.


Notice the stuffed animal collection... is it any surprise that its mostly DOGS?  And rabbits from her first Easter :).    The toy chest underneath was made by my dad.  I'm still working on a few final touches but overall we are pretty happy with how this room worked out.


No comments:

Post a Comment