Thursday, August 12, 2010

The latest portrait ~ meet Perla....


Meet Perla.... I found her image on Facebook. I see a crazy number of homeless dogs in my newsfeed every day. It breaks my heart, but I know only so many of these souls can be saved. I wonder often, how can I help?

I saw the sad eyes of Perla and knew I had to paint her. She is a puppy, yet she sat unwanted waiting for her last days. Thanks to a rescue group she has been spared from death row and is awaiting her forever home!

I've slowly been contacting rescues to let them know that I am willing to donate a pet portrait for fund raising efforts. I can't tell you how much every rescue is in need of funds. The economy has left more pets homeless than ever before.

I also donate 10% of any commission to a rescue of the buyers choice, as long as I know its a legitimate cause.

If you're a rescue and reading this, I'm happy to consider any ideas to help you. Part of my mission is to raise awareness in the public.

For now the Perla painting will stay with me as a sample work, although I would love to sell the piece at some point! Thanks for reading my blog- I know I'm a blogging beginner but I'm hoping to use this blog as a place to tell you more about what's going on with Lildog, and in the world of rescue. I believe the more we know, the more we can change for the good!

Visit me on Facebook here.

No comments:

Post a Comment