Monday, August 9, 2010

Watercolor Artwork


Watercolor is the perfect medium for expression through color. I love having the ability to blend and layer multiple colors to create the look I envision.
My goal is to create a piece of artwork that portrays something or someone you love. An original watercolor becomes a conversation piece among friends and a priceless memory.


I have a passion for animals, and for animal rescue. Lildog is named after my not-so-little english bulldog, Lilli.
She's seven now and has been with me through thick and thin. We have another bully named Bruiser who we fostered, then adopted.

I paint homes as well, with customers who want to remember a childhood home, a family cabin, or a house they downsized from after raising their children.

You can find out more about my work at Lildog Studio's web page: www.lildogstudio.com

For every pet portrait ordered, I will donate 10% of the commission to a rescue in need.

I hope to raise awareness about homeless pets, encourage people to learn more about rescues and shelters and to think about what you can do to help.
Most people don't realize that over 10,000 dogs are euthanized at the Chicago Animal Control alone, each year!
Encourage people to adopt, if not from there, from a rescue. Local rescues were able to save over 4,000 animals but need adopters, funding, and volunteers to make that number grow.
The other fact most people don't realize is that buying pet store puppy IS buying a puppymill dog. They still come with 'papers' and the stores tell customers they came from 'breeders'.
Pet stores will tell people that all day long, as they are only in the business to make money.

If we educate those we meet about these two realities......adopting and not buying pet store puppies... then one by one, we can make an impact on the number of puppymill abuses, and also
make an impact on the staggering number of homeless dogs euthanized every day for no reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment