Wednesday, May 9, 2012

~Gluten Free Corn Bread~

Don't let the words "Gluten Free" scare you away from this cornbread.  I have to say, its the tastiest GF bread I have over the last year.. and in the cornbread category, it ranks up there with any of its gluten filled counterparts.  Use it for a sandwich, why not?  

I found this recipe (and adjusted it slightly) in a cookbook I've come to really like, Cooking for Isaiah.   Its filled with what I term 'normal' foods that are also not too difficult.. not to mention beautiful photos that make me hungry and inspire me to eat good food.



Ingredients:

1 cup almond milk (or rice)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 cup cornmeal, preferably medium grind
1 cup gluten free all purpose flour blend
1/4 sugar (I use Truvia)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, room temp, lightly beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil


Preheat oven to 350º
Grease a loaf pan.. 

In a small bowl, stir together the milk and vinegar.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in the milk mixture, eggs and oil until just blended.   Pour the batter in to your loaf pan. 

Bake until golden, and a toothpick comes out clean, which will be about 45 minutes.  Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.   


For more allergy friendly recipes, check out Silvana Nardone's blog


No comments:

Post a Comment