Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Balls ~O~ Energy!

I'm excited to start sharing healthy recipes I've tried.   You would consider me a bit of a lazy cook/baker.  I have big aspirations and I love to read cookbooks but don't USE them enough!

I like to call these "balls" and I've had some fun conversations discussing my balls with my husband.   No bake is great for hot summer days when you don't want to be using the oven.   They are full of healthy ingredients as well and can be gluten and dairy free depending on your ingredients.    These make a satisfying breakfast on the go too!

Ingredients:
2 cups of oatmeal (I used Trader Joe's Gluten Free Rolled Oats)
1 cup of peanut butter 
2/3 cup of honey
2 cups coconut flakes
1 cup of ground flaxseed
1 cup of chocolate chips (I use GF/DF chips)
2 tsp of vanilla

Mix all dry ingredients well.   Then add wet and mix & mix.   This part is easy yet boring.   Chill in the fridge for a half hour, roll into balls and chill again for a good hour or so (I do this overnight).   I roll into about an inch to an inch and a half, and this should make about 36 balls.   You will be able to take 2-3 bites with this size, they're pretty rich.  

P.S. The substitutions are endless... but I try to keep things on the healthy side.    Try raisins for a little variety.... and wrap them in foil to make them look like giant 'kisses'!  Fun on the go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment