Saturday, April 14, 2012

Simple Fresh Salsa ~

I invested in a Blendtec a few months ago....by invested I mean, damn that is expensive!  It truly is an investment, but what a great machine.   This puppy makes everything, and so far, one of my regular favorites is this salsa.

There's nothing like fresh salsa... and its pretty easy to find a good gluten free corn chip so this is a snack I love.    Most ingredients I have on hand regularly.    The recipe makes a decent amount of salsa and I have used the leftovers to scramble into eggs or top chicken for dinner. 


Ingredients:
4 oz can green chiles, not drained
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp cumin
14.5 can diced tomatoes, not drained
1/4 of a medium onion
1/2 cup fresh cilantro

Add the green chiles, lime juice, garlic, salt and cumin to the Blentec, secure the lid and pulse about 3 times.  Add tomatoes, onion, and cilantro.. secure the lid and pulse about 3 more times. 

Simple easy salsa that's ready in minutes!  Love my Blendtec!

(Amended from the Fresh Blends book of Blendtec Recipes)

No comments:

Post a Comment