Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes and Cinnamon Goo?

If the terms 'cinnamon goo' are being used in a recipe, I am pretty sure you can't go wrong.  
This has become a new favorite for the "Flapjack Sunday" routine I talked about in my previous post.   
I LOVE these pancakes.. and the cinnamon goo is delicious, but we don't use that every time.



Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes:

2 cups pancake mix
1 banana, smashed
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 large egg, room temp, lightly beaten
1.5 cups non-dairy milk (we use almond milk)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 generous handful of dairy-free mini chocolate chips

Stir together all above ingredients, less the chips... I use a hand mixer to get the batter nice and smooth. Then stir in your chocolate chips.    Heat your skillet to medium, and grease your pan with either a little vegetable oil or I use a butter-like non-dairy spread.    Pour batter, there are no rules here on size, just make sure you can flip them :).   Cook until golden brown on each side.   Usually when I see bubbles form I know its time to flip.     Serve with real maple syrup or the warm cinnamon goo that I am posting below!



Cinnamon Goo:
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup of water

You'll need to make the goo while cooking the pancakes.  In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat.   Reduce until thickened and keep warm.  It is very gooey!  Not at all good for you, but delicious.  



No comments:

Post a Comment