Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Mix

If you have gone gluten free, you probably know how expensive all purpose flour mix can be.   The small boxes won't go far if you're a baker.  Although I have quite a collection of cookbooks, I tend to use Cooking for Isaiah quite a bit. Recipes are kept simple, and everything I've tried has worked out well.  Below I'll share Silvana Nardone's all purpose flour mixture.   There are many variations out there though, and its worth it to put this together and keep it on hand in an airtight container.  

All Purpose Flour Blend:
6 cups white rice flour
3 cups tapioca flour
1.5 cups potato starch
1 tbsp of salt
2 tbsp xanthum gum

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients.  Store in a cool dark place in an airtight container.   I've often read that its beneficial to keep this in the fridge.  Makes about 4 pounds,


No comments:

Post a Comment