Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Flapjack Sundays! Gluten Free Pancake Mix

My husband and I have been married just over five years. We have few traditions, and one of them is flapjack Sunday.  The name comes from him, because I am a believer in the term 'pancake'.  For the record, if you google it, there is a difference (note this, dear husband!).

For some reason it took me a looong time to learn how to make a decent pancake.   I think all along I was simply making the batter too thick.  I'm sure you'll be relieved to know I finally have this down.  Of course we're going gluten free with our pancakes, errr flapjacks.    Gluten free pancake mix is expensive, I never find it for less than $4+ per box, and that really does not go far.  

Silvana Nardone's book again is my reference for this GF pancake mix.    I made a batch of this and put it in a nice air-tight container, which prepares us for many, many Flapjack Sundays.

Pancake Mix:
9 cups All Purpose Flour Mix  (you can find a recipe here. when I first made this, I had several misc boxes of store-bought all purpose flour mix.. I combined them all & it worked just fine!)
1 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp baking powder
2 1/4 tsp salt

Super easy here - just mix it all together and store in an airtight container!   Makes about 2.5 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment