Here's a fun, easy, bite-size way to enjoy pumpkin this fall. I love the sprig of mint on top!
Mini Pumpkin Pies
- 3 packages of pre-baked frozen mini pastry shells (15 count/each, try Athens Mini Fillo Shells)
- 1 - 15oz can pumpkin
- 1 - container of cool whip or similar whipped topping
- 1 - tsp pumpkin pie spice (extra for garnish)
- 1 - (3.4 oz) package of cheesecake flavor instant pudding)
- Mint leaves for garnish (optional)
Take the shells out of the freezer to thaw.
Next, combine the pumpkin, whipped topping, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add pudding mix and whisk until smooth.
Put the mixture into a large ziploc and cut the corner off. Pipe the mixture into the pie shells. Add a topping of whipped cream on each pie. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice on the top of each - and add a small mint garnish to each. Makes 45.
This recipe was something I found on familyfun.go.com.